Welcome

This is an ever-expanding portfolio of my abstract art murals and paintings. Click on the photos for a larger view and to zoom in. Contact me if you would like a free estimate or to discuss an abstract art mural project you have in mind for your home or business. Feel free to leave your comments, and thank you for looking. All my artwork is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.

Mary Ellen

Mare_E_L_N@yahoo.com


Sunday, October 3, 2010

Eight Color Entryway - The 'Before'


Excited about this project because it is an entryway, where first impressions are made- which hopefully will be 'Wow!' in a good way. 


It shouldn't take me long - not a lot of detail to the design which is a graphic pattern. (I am using one of the Audience Mural seatbacks/shirts as my inspiration.) The trickiest part will be not getting paint on the beautiful wood molding! I don't 'tape off' with Blue Painter's Tape because there is always bleeding. I just switch to a small brush and carefully draw along the edge. I know I'll need to do 2-3 coats per color because of how deep they are. I am only painting the four lower sections, which are each roughly the size of a door. The upper wall will be a shade of white to reflect light into the space. 


The eight colors, left to right, top to bottom, are  shades of: 


blue, orange, pink
green, purple, brown
red, yellow


There is a Part 2 to this project. The entryway (beyond this vestibule) where there are two walls flanking a coat closet. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment