Welcome

This is an ever-expanding portfolio of my abstract art murals and paintings. Click on the photos for a larger view and to zoom in. Contact me if you would like a free estimate or to discuss an abstract art mural project you have in mind for your home or business. Feel free to leave your comments, and thank you for looking. All my artwork is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.

Mary Ellen

Mare_E_L_N@yahoo.com


Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wonder Works Mural - Individual Seat backs/Shirts - Patterns and Motifs











Tricky mixing plaids and stripes? Try 25 different patterns, in all different colors. Here are most of the patterns and colors I've used on the seat backs/shirt shapes for the Audience Mural I am painting at Wonder Works Children's Museum in Oak Park, IL.First, I painted all the background colors. In most cases, I needed to do numerous coats to get the saturated color I desired. Now I am painting various patterns and motifs on them using brushes ranging from size 0 liners to 1" flats. I wish the colors were more true to life but as there are no windows in the theater, I have no natural light. You'll just have to come and see it in person! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Can't wait to see the finished work.

    ReplyDelete